In a bit of musical time-travel, SFCA collaborates with 2016 SFCA+1 guest artist Galax Quartet to present a radical, diverse, and engaging program of contemporary and Baroque music featuring new-old pairings of works. Six world premieres by Ted Allen, Veronika Krausas, Robinson McClellan, Roy Whelden, and SFCA’s two resident composers—John Kelley and Shawn Crouch—are framed by masterworks of the chamber choir repertoire. Together SFCA and Galax Quartet—two violins, ‘cello and viola da gamba—explore the realm where early music and Baroque instruments intersect with new music and living composers.
2017-18 Subscriptions Now Available!
The SFCA Blog
- Composer as Storyteller: Interview with Michael Kaulkin, SFCA Composer-in-Residence
- De Profundis Reflection
- Be Still and Know: Meet Composer Ash Stemke, winner of this year’s New Voices Project
- Announcing Our 2017-18 Concert Programs
- Choral Music by Women Composers
- New Voices Project Co-Winner: James May
- New Voices Project Co-Winner: Ben Zucker
- From in between the lines: Interview with Monica Houghton