SFCA collaborates with the illustrious Early Music wind band The Whole Noyse for music from many centuries for voices and instruments. We sample the treasures of Medieval and Renaissance music, and carry these sounds into today with new works for voices and shawms, sackbuts, and cornetti. Includes a world premiere from Composer-in-Residence Ted Allen–whose musical associations have included Metallica and the Nobles of the Mystic Shrine Wind Band, as well as Sega and Nintendo!
The SFCA Blog
- A Joyous Cacophony: Jean Ahn on the Collective Power of Individual Voices
- Robinson McClellan on Future Classics and Christmas Transformation
- Sylke Zimpel on the powerful, personal nature of song
- Composer as Storyteller: Interview with Michael Kaulkin, SFCA Composer-in-Residence
- De Profundis Reflection
- Be Still and Know: Meet Composer Ash Stemke, 2017-18 Winner of New Voices Project
- Announcing Our 2017-18 Concert Programs
- Choral Music by Women Composers
Join Our Mailing List
Oops! We could not locate your form.