SFCA is throwing a 450th birthday party for William Shakespeare! Join the singers—and a few actors—for a choral and dramatic tribute to his genius. The program presents the very best from Shakespeare’s rich trove of verse. Featured are composers who have been inspired by the Bard’s masterful way with the English language, including Ralph Vaughan Williams, contemporary American composers Robert Baksa, Paul Chihara, Richard Felciano, Louise Spizizen, and Judith Zaimont; with world premieres from the SFCA Composers-in and Not-in-Residence Benjamin Taylor and Kala Pierson, and the 3 winners of SFCA’s 2015 New Voices Project competition for composers under age 30—David von Kampen, Kevin Laskey, and Natalie Bell.
The SFCA Blog
- A Joyous Cacophony: Jean Ahn on the Collective Power of Individual Voices
- Robinson McClellan on Future Classics and Christmas Transformation
- Sylke Zimpel on the powerful, personal nature of song
- Composer as Storyteller: Interview with Michael Kaulkin, SFCA Composer-in-Residence
- De Profundis Reflection
- Be Still and Know: Meet Composer Ash Stemke, 2017-18 Winner of New Voices Project
- Announcing Our 2017-18 Concert Programs
- Choral Music by Women Composers
Join Our Mailing List
Oops! We could not locate your form.