SFCA is throwing a 450th birthday party for William Shakespeare! Join the singers—and a few actors—for a choral and dramatic tribute to his genius. The program presents the very best from Shakespeare’s rich trove of verse. Featured are composers who have been inspired by the Bard’s masterful way with the English language, including Ralph Vaughan Williams, contemporary American composers Robert Baksa, Paul Chihara, Richard Felciano, Louise Spizizen, and Judith Zaimont; with world premieres from the SFCA Composers-in and Not-in-Residence Benjamin Taylor and Kala Pierson, and the 3 winners of SFCA’s 2015 New Voices Project competition for composers under age 30—David von Kampen, Kevin Laskey, and Natalie Bell.
2017-18 Subscriptions Now Available!
The SFCA Blog
- Sylke Zimpel on the powerful, personal nature of song
- Composer as Storyteller: Interview with Michael Kaulkin, SFCA Composer-in-Residence
- De Profundis Reflection
- Be Still and Know: Meet Composer Ash Stemke, winner of this year’s New Voices Project
- Announcing Our 2017-18 Concert Programs
- Choral Music by Women Composers
- New Voices Project Co-Winner: James May
- New Voices Project Co-Winner: Ben Zucker