An exploration of madrigals from the Renaissance through the 20th century in which old works will be paired with modern ones on the same text or tune, or which complement or respond to earlier works. Featuring compositions solicited from composers for the occasion and works by Arcadelt, Byrd, Burnham, Gibbons, Luzzaschi, Monteverdi, Morley, Peterson, Stern, Tomkins, Zaimont, and others.
2017-18 Subscriptions Now Available!
The SFCA Blog
- Composer as Storyteller: Interview with Michael Kaulkin, SFCA Composer-in-Residence
- De Profundis Reflection
- Be Still and Know: Meet Composer Ash Stemke, winner of this year’s New Voices Project
- Announcing Our 2017-18 Concert Programs
- Choral Music by Women Composers
- New Voices Project Co-Winner: James May
- New Voices Project Co-Winner: Ben Zucker
- From in between the lines: Interview with Monica Houghton