An exploration of madrigals from the Renaissance through the 20th century in which old works will be paired with modern ones on the same text or tune, or which complement or respond to earlier works. Featuring compositions solicited from composers for the occasion and works by Arcadelt, Byrd, Burnham, Gibbons, Luzzaschi, Monteverdi, Morley, Peterson, Stern, Tomkins, Zaimont, and others.
The SFCA Blog
- A Joyous Cacophony: Jean Ahn on the Collective Power of Individual Voices
- Robinson McClellan on Future Classics and Christmas Transformation
- Sylke Zimpel on the powerful, personal nature of song
- Composer as Storyteller: Interview with Michael Kaulkin, SFCA Composer-in-Residence
- De Profundis Reflection
- Be Still and Know: Meet Composer Ash Stemke, 2017-18 Winner of New Voices Project
- Announcing Our 2017-18 Concert Programs
- Choral Music by Women Composers
Join Our Mailing List
Oops! We could not locate your form.