It’s true! One hundred years ago, there were more pianos than bathtubs in American homes. Join us around the piano for a cozy evening of music-making in the parlor. With nationally acclaimed American music specialists Brian Thorsett, tenor, and Teresa McCollough, piano, we’ll revisit a time when every living room was filled with music, and sight-singing was part of the American school curriculum. Music by Foster, Billings, MacDowell, Parker, spirituals and shapenote hymns, folk songs, work songs, and play songs.
2017-18 Subscriptions Now Available!
The SFCA Blog
- Be Still and Know: Meet Composer Ash Stemke, winner of this year’s New Voices Project
- Announcing Our 2017-18 Concert Programs
- Choral Music by Women Composers
- New Voices Project Co-Winner: James May
- New Voices Project Co-Winner: Ben Zucker
- From in between the lines: Interview with Monica Houghton
- Momo in the Mistletoe: Interview with Paul Chihara
- Audition for SFCA