It’s true! One hundred years ago, there were more pianos than bathtubs in American homes. Join us around the piano for a cozy evening of music-making in the parlor. With nationally acclaimed American music specialists Brian Thorsett, tenor, and Teresa McCollough, piano, we’ll revisit a time when every living room was filled with song. Music by Foster, Billings, Hogan, Still, Cage, Allen, Beckhard, Copland, Kaulkin, Zimpel, and Ives, spirituals and shapenote hymns, folk songs, work songs, and play songs.
2017-18 Subscriptions Now Available!
The SFCA Blog
- Sylke Zimpel on the powerful, personal nature of song
- Composer as Storyteller: Interview with Michael Kaulkin, SFCA Composer-in-Residence
- De Profundis Reflection
- Be Still and Know: Meet Composer Ash Stemke, winner of this year’s New Voices Project
- Announcing Our 2017-18 Concert Programs
- Choral Music by Women Composers
- New Voices Project Co-Winner: James May
- New Voices Project Co-Winner: Ben Zucker