How do composers take materials at hand to fashion something new? Whether borrowed or stolen, for fun or propaganda–or desperate when deadlines loom–composers exploit existing musical resources. By recycling tunes and texts, plainchant, hymns, and drinking songs are re-purposed in new forms with fresh harmony. Featuring the winner of our 5th New Voices Competition.
The SFCA Blog
- A Joyous Cacophony: Jean Ahn on the Collective Power of Individual Voices
- Robinson McClellan on Future Classics and Christmas Transformation
- Sylke Zimpel on the powerful, personal nature of song
- Composer as Storyteller: Interview with Michael Kaulkin, SFCA Composer-in-Residence
- De Profundis Reflection
- Be Still and Know: Meet Composer Ash Stemke, 2017-18 Winner of New Voices Project
- Announcing Our 2017-18 Concert Programs
- Choral Music by Women Composers
Join Our Mailing List
Oops! We could not locate your form.