A sampler from 1000 years of psalmody. Exuberant or penitential, austere or lush, soothing or challenging, These texts have inspired some of the world’s greatest choral music. Featuring works by Brahms, Mendelssohn, Salamone Rossi, Scarlatti, Schütz, Georg Schumann, Stanford, Malcolm Singer, Vivanco, and others. Premiering works by local composers Maia Aprahamian and Russell Burnham.
The SFCA Blog
- A Joyous Cacophony: Jean Ahn on the Collective Power of Individual Voices
- Robinson McClellan on Future Classics and Christmas Transformation
- Sylke Zimpel on the powerful, personal nature of song
- Composer as Storyteller: Interview with Michael Kaulkin, SFCA Composer-in-Residence
- De Profundis Reflection
- Be Still and Know: Meet Composer Ash Stemke, 2017-18 Winner of New Voices Project
- Announcing Our 2017-18 Concert Programs
- Choral Music by Women Composers
Join Our Mailing List
Oops! We could not locate your form.