A sampler from 1000 years of psalmody. Exuberant or penitential, austere or lush, soothing or challenging, These texts have inspired some of the world’s greatest choral music. Featuring works by Brahms, Mendelssohn, Salamone Rossi, Scarlatti, Schütz, Georg Schumann, Stanford, Malcolm Singer, Vivanco, and others. Premiering works by local composers Maia Aprahamian and Russell Burnham.
2017-18 Subscriptions Now Available!
The SFCA Blog
- Be Still and Know: Meet Composer Ash Stemke, winner of this year’s New Voices Project
- Announcing Our 2017-18 Concert Programs
- Choral Music by Women Composers
- New Voices Project Co-Winner: James May
- New Voices Project Co-Winner: Ben Zucker
- From in between the lines: Interview with Monica Houghton
- Momo in the Mistletoe: Interview with Paul Chihara
- Audition for SFCA