A sampler from 1000 years of psalmody. Exuberant or penitential, austere or lush, soothing or challenging, These texts have inspired some of the world’s greatest choral music. Featuring works by Brahms, Mendelssohn, Salamone Rossi, Scarlatti, Schütz, Georg Schumann, Stanford, Malcolm Singer, Vivanco, and others. Premiering works by local composers Maia Aprahamian and Russell Burnham.
2017-18 Subscriptions Now Available!
The SFCA Blog
- Composer as Storyteller: Interview with Michael Kaulkin, SFCA Composer-in-Residence
- De Profundis Reflection
- Be Still and Know: Meet Composer Ash Stemke, winner of this year’s New Voices Project
- Announcing Our 2017-18 Concert Programs
- Choral Music by Women Composers
- New Voices Project Co-Winner: James May
- New Voices Project Co-Winner: Ben Zucker
- From in between the lines: Interview with Monica Houghton