Composer Not-in-Residence Robinson McClellan has received commissions from the Albany, Fort Worth, and Knox-Galesburg Symphonies, Macalester Concert Choir, Parthenia Viol Consort, and many others. His choral music is published by E.C. Schirmer, Augsburg Fortress, and See-a-Dot Publishing. He has been awarded artist residencies at MacDowell and Yaddo. Robin earned his doctorate in composition from the Yale School of Music and Yale Institute of Sacred Music. He is a product advisor and subject matter expert for Noteflight music notation software. He teaches music theory at Rutgers University, composition and theory privately and at the Lucy Moses School (NYC), and he serves as a composer mentor and board member for the Young Composers & Improvisors Workshop. He is the founding instructor of the innovative ComposerCraft, a workshop for advanced composers aged 10-16. He lives in NYC with his family.
The SFCA Blog
- A Joyous Cacophony: Jean Ahn on the Collective Power of Individual Voices
- Robinson McClellan on Future Classics and Christmas Transformation
- Sylke Zimpel on the powerful, personal nature of song
- Composer as Storyteller: Interview with Michael Kaulkin, SFCA Composer-in-Residence
- De Profundis Reflection
- Be Still and Know: Meet Composer Ash Stemke, 2017-18 Winner of New Voices Project
- Announcing Our 2017-18 Concert Programs
- Choral Music by Women Composers
Join the Mailing List
Oops! We could not locate your form.