Composer Not-in-Residence Robinson McClellan has received commissions from the Albany, Fort Worth, and Knox-Galesburg Symphonies, Macalester Concert Choir, Parthenia Viol Consort, and many others. His choral music is published by E.C. Schirmer, Augsburg Fortress, and See-a-Dot Publishing. He has been awarded artist residencies at MacDowell and Yaddo. Robin earned his doctorate in composition from the Yale School of Music and Yale Institute of Sacred Music. He is a product advisor and subject matter expert for Noteflight music notation software. He teaches music theory at Rutgers University, composition and theory privately and at the Lucy Moses School (NYC), and he serves as a composer mentor and board member for the Young Composers & Improvisors Workshop. He is the founding instructor of the innovative ComposerCraft, a workshop for advanced composers aged 10-16. He lives in NYC with his family.
Join Our Mailing List
We’ll keep you informed about our upcoming events.
The SFCA Blog
- The Spiritual “Alchemy” of Psalm 104
- Spice and Magic: Alexis Alrich’s Subtle Latin American Flavors
- Timothy Kramer on Blending Traditions
- Magen Solomon Previews “From Pole to Pole: Christmas in the Three Americas”
- Singers’ Perspectives: Britten and Hensel
- Awe in the Natural World: Composer Matt Van Brink
- Meet Jarred Main: 2019 Winner of the New Voices Project
- Magen Solomon Discusses “Out of the Garden, Into the Woods: From Paradise to Scary”