Composer and performer on the viola da gamba, Roy Whelden has been called “a key figure in the world of new music” (Early Music America). He has been profiled as a composer and gambist on Minnesota Public Radio. He has made many recordings including the award winning Shock of the Old, and Galax – music for viola da gamba (New Albion 059) as well as Like a Passing River (New Albion 072). (These are available on iTunes and Amazon.com.) He has performed and recorded with many internationally known ensembles, including Sequentia, American Baroque and Ensemble Alcatraz.
Join Our Mailing List
We’ll keep you informed about our upcoming events.
The SFCA Blog
- 30 Years With SFCA: Q&A With Assistant Conductor Tina Harrington
- Trains and Traffic Inspire SFCA New Voices Project 2020 Winners
- The Spiritual “Alchemy” of Psalm 104
- Spice and Magic: Alexis Alrich’s Subtle Latin American Flavors
- Timothy Kramer on Blending Traditions
- Magen Solomon Previews “From Pole to Pole: Christmas in the Three Americas”
- Singers’ Perspectives: Britten and Hensel
- Awe in the Natural World: Composer Matt Van Brink